Regional Alzheimer’s Conference
Research to Practice
Date: Friday, November 10, 2018
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: The Carle Forum, 602 West University Avenue, Urbana
This conference will offer you valuable information about current concerns in the field of Alzheimer’s and dementia care, including updated assessment tools, driving safety factors, behavioral interventions and care strategies for caregivers.
Upon completion of this program, you should be able to:
- Explain the comprehensive tools to assess the status and state of Alzheimer’s/dementia.
- Recognize the safety considerations when working with persons with cognitive deficits wishing to continue driving.
- Identify activities that will enhance or maintain function and safety of persons with Alzheimer’s disease in home and community settings.
- Discuss the impact of current research on the treatment and care of persons with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Select the appropriate evidence-based interventions to address functional and cognitive deficits of persons with Alzheimer’s disease.
Daniel Llano, MD, is a neurologist with Carle Hospital with a specialization in cognitive and behavioral neurology and is a Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. In addition, he is also an Assistant Professor and full-time faculty member in the Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology at the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology at UIUC. Dr. Llano has received numerous awards and honors for his teaching research and writings and has more than two dozen publications with numerous state and national presentations.
Conflict of Interest Policy Statement: Faculty participating in this program are expected to disclose to the program audience any real or apparent conflict(s) or unlabeled use related to the content of their presentations.
Space is limited so early registration is recommended. The registration fee is $129 if received by November 23, 2018. After November 23, 2018, the registration fee is $149. The registration fee includes break refreshments, printed materials and continuing education credits/units.
Groups of 3 or more discounted to $99/pp . Please call 773-930-3200 for more information.
Caregivers/CNAs are eligible to receive a reduced registration fee of $39. Please call 773-930-3200 for more information.
Register by phone: Call (217) 443-8777, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Register by mail: Complete the registration form and send with payment to:
Continuing Education Institute of Illinois
8770 West Bryn Mawr Avenue, Suite 1300
Chicago, IL, 60631
Cancellation policy: Full refund will be provided if cancelled by November 23, 2018. No refund after November 23, 2018. You may send a substitute with prior notification.
Continuing Education Credit:
A Certificate in Professional Continuing Education for seven (7.0) contact/clock hours will be provided upon completion of registration, full participation and evaluation of the program activities, for the following disciplines:
- Counselors (Clinical/Professional)
- Dental Hygienists
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Massage Therapists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Nurses (RNs/LPNs)
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Occupational Therapists and COTAs
- Physical Therapists and PTAs
- Respiratory Care Therapists
- Social Workers
- Others (please inquire)